Patent Agent Don Kelly prosecutes patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). He presents educational workshops and counsels inventors and corporate executives on development and management of patent portfolios.
Since its establishment in 2002, IAMA, LLC has enjoyed a number of working alliances with full service IP law firms and an impressive array of expert technologists across the country.
- Frequently referred to as Champion of America’s Inventors and Entrepreneurs, Kelly co-founded the United Inventors Association. He was instrumental in establishing the Washington-based Network of the Capital Area as well as the Edison Inventors Association of Ft. Myers FL.
- Don Kelly’s intellectual property career spans more than four decades, including many years of successful service in USPTO positions ranging from Patent Examiner to Technology Center Director and USPTO Chief of Staff. He managed, or directly participated in, patentability decisions on thousands of patent applications in mechanical and electromechanical fields.
- Don Kelly served as Adjunct Professor at Franklin Pierce Law Center and as visiting lecturer at Fordham University Graduate School of Business and the MIT Sloan School of Management. He studied Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering and holds a BS-ME from VA Tech. He was registered as a member of the US Patent Bar 1982.
- Kelly also is a senior member of the Commercialization Planning Workshop team based at Mohawk Research Corporation, coaching entrepreneurial business in bringing new products to market.
- Syracuse University recently named Don Kelly to the National Advisory Board for the Syracuse Campus-Community Entrepreneurship Initiative
- As a senior consultant to the Washington based think-tank, International Intellectual Property Institute, Don Kelly has lectured on IP and innovation throughout the United States as well as the Far East, Middle East, Europe and Africa.